Sunday, July 8, 2007

Goodbye New York, Hello Boston!

The girls with our dear friend Marianne Hopkin and her dog, Micah (oh how Millie loves Micah!)
Abby, Mason Apke, Will Thomas, Millie, Thomas Apke
Millie and Will Thomas
Kids in the Candy Shop

We've finally finished our traipsing up and down the eastern seaboard of the United States for the summer (phew!) and are setting our sights on the West as we get ready to go to Salt Lake City for Uncle Matt's wedding.

We sadly said goodbye to NYC after making visit to Dylan's Candy Bar (a candy store owned by Ralph Lauren's son) for some sweet treats. It was a riot watching the girls pick out what candy they wanted. It was like, well, watching kids in a candy shop! We then made our way to Boston (we won't mention the nightmarish traffic we encountered on I-95!) and had so much fun revisiting old haunts and reconnecting with wonderful friends! It felt so much like home and satisfied the longing I've felt all year for New England. Unfortunately, I was so busy reconnecting with people, I forgot to take a lot of pictures!

4 comments:

Kirbell said...

I'm impressed by all the traveling you are doing! Can't wait to see you in Utah!

Leslie said...

I agree with Kir...what an amazing woman to do it all with three children and to keep enjoying every experience. You're wonderful Aimes.

Heidi said...

I was SO fun to see you while you were here, we've really missed you!

Amy said...

Hey guys, I found your blog through the Rufener's blog. It looks like you are having a great summer so far! When do you guys get back to C'ville?

Amy