Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pizza Night





I just thought I'd post a few pictures of our Sunday family pizza night from last week. This tradition evolved this past year when our church schedule moved to 3:30-6:30 (insane!). We wouldn't get home from church until about 7:00, which is the girls' bedtime, and we'd still have to have dinner and go through our bedtime routine. So in an effort to streamline things, we decided to make every Sunday night pizza night. I would make the dough before church, and then when we got home, the girls would change, roll out and top their pizzas, and they'd be in bed usually no later than 8:00. It's been a really fun family tradition that we've decided to carry on even though we now have church at 12:00 (hallelujah!!). Every week the girls make the exact same pizza for themselves. Millie likes cheese, no sauce, and turkey pepperoni. Abby favors sauce, tomatoes, and basil (no cheese for this dairy-allergic girl).

5 comments:

Nathan said...

What a great tradition. Can you share the recipe?

Christine said...

Man! I am jealous. I hate this new schedule

Kirbell said...

This is a tradition in Ben's family as well. We do it every once in a while. People always think it's weird to have pizza on Sundays, but it's so easy!

Lauren said...

So cute! Ditto on the recipe request. I'm glad you were able to tear yourself away from Fox News long enough to update your blog...

Michigan exit polls just in. :)

Leslie said...

What a great tradition. I have been trying to find ways to simplify Sunday dinner because I just need it to be easier on such a crazy day. I try to do a big deal meal on Mondays now and do pasta or some other easy thing on Sunday...BTW...I can't imagine getting home from church at 7! This year we start at 1:30 which means we get home at about 5...but 7, I just can't imagine!!!