


Yes, I am a slacker. I have let my blog writing lapse shamelessly and I am determined to do better. Thanks to a few faithful readers for encouraging me to get back on track :).
It's been a busy month and we're looking forward to the next few months which promise to be even busier. It's exciting and a little nerve-wracking to think of Mark's wrapping up school, and our move to Texas (I'm endeavoring to maintain a positive outlook on this new locale while I continue to fall even more in love with this part of Virginia on a daily basis). So many big changes -- but exciting ones. Mark and I are heading down for a house-hunting trip this weekend and the cost of living, I have to say, is the bright spot of the whole move for me -- the salve to the wound (to be a little dramatic). We hope we can make a good, smart decision and find something we really like.
Meanwhile, Spring is coming on strong here and it is brilliant! It's been so nice to be outside enjoying the cool, sunny days. And there's something so hopeful about a world full of blossoms. The other day, on my way to take Abby to school, we drove down a street full of blossoming trees and saw some daffodils. Having memorized William Wordsworth's poem "Daffodils" for a 6th grade poetry unit, I started to recite it, but since 6th grade was such a very long time ago, I got stuck and trailed off. I thought that I was pretty much saying it to myself until Abby piped up from the backseat and asked, "What happens next?" Anyway, I posted it as this month's quote on the sidebar, because I've always loved it. I love the Spring!
The girls and I had a great time this past Friday visiting a farm managed by a dear friend from our ward. The 30-minute drive through the rolling, spring-green, cow-dotted hills of western Viriginia was breathtaking. Upon arriving at the farm, Brother Ehlers loaded some bales of hay in the back of his pick-up and took us into the pasture to see the baby calves. I don't think I had ever been in an open pasture amongst the cows before and we all loved it. Jane was especially excited when a mooing cow came jogging toward us (she was terrified of all of the other animals, though -- as in screaming-and-plunging-herself-into-her-mother's-arms terrified). The girls then got to pet/feed the horses and miniature horses, and run around in the wind and sun. It was magical.
3 comments:
Megan and I were just talking about how quickly the time here has flown by! We're sad that we'll all be parting ways so soon... We're going to miss you guys (and our kids are definitely going to miss Millie, Abby and Jane!).
Oh Amy...I know that living in a "warm climate" hasn't been on the top of your list. I'm sure you are going to love Texas, but I'm sure it will be an adjustment. I love all of your pictures...it looks like you have been living and enjoying such a lovely place! If the heat gets overwhelming...let me know...I have had to come up with hot weather ideas. Love you!
Amy, so glad you are back. I was really beginning to miss you!
Post a Comment