Monday, December 22, 2008

'Tis the Season for . . .


Trimming the tree
Untrimming the tree . . .

Making Christmas goodies (and eating plenty along the way) . . .Making gingerbread men . . .


Making Christmas cut-out sugar cookies . . .

Christmas class parties . . .

(Abby wearing her pajamas to school and loved making her Santa mask)



Millie with her beloved first-grade teacher.


"Tis the season of Christmas, of course, and I am desperately trying to make it feel like such. Of course, this is hard to do if the weather happens to be 75 degrees and the air sticky with humidity, which it was last week. I am, therefore, grateful for the colder temperatures we've been experiencing the last few days. I can only hope they will last. I know I'm a little batty in this regard, but for Christmas, I like it to be cold! There is just something so un-Christmasy to me about warm weather in December. We have had some fun, though, getting in the spirit of things.

7 comments:

Julie Pia said...

Looks like you've had a great time baking and decorating. Amy, you are such a fun mom. I want to come bake with you too. loves...

Kelley said...

Looks like things are Very Merry at the McLaughlins. Your family is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun - I think we had our own share of cold plus yours. There must be some happy medium between Texas and Canada - actually I think it is called Utah.

Southwick Family said...

Hi Amy: I love all of the Christmas traditions you have. Remember when we made Christmas sugar cookies in Boston? You were always so good at making everyone feel festive! I completely understand about it being hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it is so warm outside. Will you be coming to Utah/Idaho at all? We are here and wish you guys could join us. We love you!

Kirbell said...

Amy, I missed you so much this Christmas! Maybe it's being home and knowing you're not right around the corner, or singing Adam's 'The Boxer' harmony by myself at our friends' Christmas party. Hope you had a great Christmas and have a wonderful 2009.

stephanie said...

I can't imagine Christmas in Housten! I liked your Dickens quote--I've been into him and Elizabeth Gaskell lately!

Nathan said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one whose children thought it was as much fun to take stuff off of the tree as to put it on!

Compared with the negative temperatures we've had here this last week, that 75 degrees is sounding pretty good.