Thursday, January 29, 2009

Redecorating Befores and Afters

As previously mentioned, we have been undergoing a rather large re-decorating/organizing project the past few weeks and in response to those who have expressed interest in seeing befores and afters, here are some pics. There are still some pictures to be hung and touch-ups/refinishings to do, but this will give you the general idea.
Front entry (after -- I don't have a before, but we just painted the door white and the walls beige, Shaker Beige to be exact. I love that color -- the picture doesn't do it justice.)
Study (before) -- to the left as you enter the door (supposed to be the dining room, but we needed to use the study as a toy room and so we turned this into the study).
Study (after) -- I never realized that red paint requires so many layers!
Living Room (before) -- and no, the Veggie Tales DVD is no longer one of the accessories we are using in the room.
Living Room (after)
Family Room 1 (before)
Family Room 2 (before)
Family Room 1 (after)
Family Room 2 (after)
Wet Bar (before) -- sorry for the mess! This space thoroughly puzzled me before (many Texas homes have these wet bars, but we haven't really had a use for it). I've been wanting to rip it out and make it a closet or lockers for the kids stuff, but my mom had a more economical solution for how to make it work as it is.
Breakfast bar (after). We brought our bar stools down from the attic and the girls have loved using it as a breakfast/homework/coloring space.
Breakfast nook (before) -- please excuse the laundry and garbage bag.

Breakfast nook (after) -- we were able to find a few of the accessories (like the old-fashioned washboard) at a local consignment store.
Kitchen (before)
Kitchen (after)

18 comments:

Valerie said...

I love all the colors! I'm totally coping you with the beige:)

Tiffany said...

Amy, it is beautiful!! You must feel so great having accomplished that.

Dan and Louise said...

What a great house! I love what you did - all the color has really brought out the other interesting elements of the house. It looks GREAT!

Christine said...

It all looks amazing! I always love before and afters.

Kirbell said...

Amy, I love your house and all the decorating you've done. The paint colors are so beautiful and everything is pulled together very nicely. Now I see what has been keeping you from blogging...

Dina C said...

Amy, what a beautiful house. Your girls are so darling and getting so big.

Ashley said...

I love before and after home shots! You guys did a fantastic job! I love the family room and the wet bar-- that was super creative to turn that into such a fun space for the girls. We miss you all! Its fun to catch up with you again :)

Julie Pia said...

OMG! It looks absolutely beautiful. Tell me you had a decorator? I love your colors. The yellows and reds are so fun, bright and cheery. You guys will never want to leave home again. Great job!

Kelley said...

Oh mY Gosh ! I just love what you've done. You're mom had such a great idea:) Don't you LOVE color.

Megan said...

I love all the new colors; it's amazing how paint really changes things. You (and your mom) did a fantastic job choosing colors.
We sure miss you all; we hope things are going well for you in TX.

Marné said...

I love it! It really does make it a home...we're about to start painting too but I haven't been able to settle on a neutral...maybe I'll try Shaker Beige. It looked like a great one.

Kathy said...

Amazing what a little color can do! It looks great. You guys did a wonderful job!

Stephanie said...

Your house looks bee-you-ti-ful! I am loving all the colors!

Kevin and Leah Mitchell said...

I'm so glad you're "back"--I missed hearing about your adventures down south. I'm so happy you have family near you now. Your girls are so big and cute. And I LOVE all the changes you've made to your house. It looks fabulous. (We need to do some painting, but it's a bit overwhelming--but I'm drawing inspiration from you.) I'm so glad your mom was with you. And I'm happy the job is going well for Mark.

Nathan said...

Very nicely done. We just did some more painting the last two nights after the kids were in bed and Megan has more planned. It looks like we need to call you guys for some good ideas!

Anonymous said...

Amy I love the colors - great job. Also loved your below posts about your Mom and Christmas. What a beautiful poem for you Mom.

Southwick Family said...

I love it! I can't believe how much work you guys have done... the colors are beautiful and you've done such a nice job pulling everything together. I miss you, dear friend. I loved the poem you wrote for your mom. She is an exceptional lady. Thanks for making me want to do/be better!

Bryce Family said...

Amy, I found your link on Heidi's blog. I LOVE the colors you chose... wow, you are the poster child for what a difference paint makes.