Sunday, March 22, 2009

Through the Eyes of a Child

My friend Jess did this with her daughter so I thought I'd ask my girls the same questions and see what they said. Neither of them heard the other's answers.

Millie, 7
Abby, 4

What is something mom always says to you?
M: Pick up your shoes
A: Tell the truth

What makes mom happy?
M: When I pick up my things
A: When I tell the truth

What makes mom sad?
M: When I don't pick things up
A: When I don't tell the truth

(They both seem to have a one-track mind here!)

How does your mom make you laugh?
M: By dancing funny
A: Being funny

What was your mom like as a child?
M: Good and brave
A: She played in the snow

How old is your mom?
M: 34
A: 40 (excuse me?!)

How tall is your mom?
M: 10 feet
A: 4 feet

What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
M: General Conference (unfortunately, it is not usually General Conference that I am watching on TV . . .)
A: The News

What does your mom do when you're not around?
M: Run errands
A: Play with Jane

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
M: Art, 'cause you're good at art
A: I don't know

What is your mom really good at?
M: Writing (Dad told me)
A: Studying things on the computer

What is your mom not very good at?
M: Nothing (here's hoping she thinks this for a long time to come . . .)
A: Drawing pictures

What does your mom do for her job?
M: Get the girls and me dressed and doing our hair
A: Studying things for your ladies (anything to do with Relief Society is referred to as "my ladies")

What is your mom's favorite food?
M: Mashed potatoes -- it's mine, too
A: Rice

What makes you proud of your mom?
M: You're an excellent cooker
A: She does something fun for me

If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
M: Eloise (?)
A: A fire engine girl (????!)

What do you and your mom do together?
M: Spend time together in the morning before school
A: Play games like UNO

How are you and your mom the same?
M: We're in the same family
A: We like each other

How are you and your mom different?
M: We don't look the same. We don't have the same color hair or eyes and we're not the same age
A: You have blue eyes and I have brown eyes

How do you know your mom loves you?
M: You're kind to me
A: Because I'm funny and you are kind to me

What does your mom like most about your dad?
M: How he's funny -- he cracks you up!
A: Since he goes to work and tries to work hard for us

Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
M: a restaurant
A: to the playspace (the gym)

9 comments:

ike and em said...

I loved reading this! It was sweet what the girls said. What a neat idea. Love the photos.

Melissa said...

This was fun! I think I'm going to try this on my boys. LOVED the answers.

stephanie said...

Such cute girls! They'll love reading that when they get older. I can't believe you guys already had spring break. It's a blizzard here right now.

Verity said...

Oh, I loved this. And the Spring Break pictures were great, too! :)

Leslie said...

Precious answers...what sweet girls!!!

Kevin and Leah Mitchell said...

Those are great answers. I laughed out loud multiple times. Love the "my ladies." such sweet girls. Great idea.

Kelley said...

That was adorable. By the way...thanks for always doing things for your ladies♥

Southwick Family said...

I love your girls! I'd be scared to ask my girls the same thing. They obviously love their mommy a lot!

Catherine said...

love it. They had such good answers too! Obviously you are a kind, loving, playful and HAPPY mom! You're awesome!