The girls are now in the throes of the school year. Millie's favorite parts of second grade are basically the same as those that were her favorite in the first grade: Art, PE, and Science. She loves to run the track after lunch and is obsessed with beating the boys (apparently she's able to beat all the boys, but two).
Abby loves her wonderful, nurturing preschool teacher, Miss Kathy, and has been busy trying to come up with explanations about her world. On the second day of school she said to me, "Mom, I know why they have two teachers in my class (one is a teacher's aide). One is the servant and cleans up everything and one is the teacher who teaches the lessons!" I'm not sure if I'll share that comment with her teacher's aide.
Jane started a cooperative playgroup/preschool with some other children in the ward and has been excited for weeks!! Everyday she has been saying, "Mommy, I going to playgroup and I'm going to leave Mommy and then Mommy will come pick me up?" and "My playgroup is starting really soon!" She has been so eager to have something special to go do like she's see her older sisters do, that she actually threw a tantrum on the first day of playgroup when she realized that it was at our house! She did, however, have fun and looks forward to going twice a week.
8 comments:
what a neat idea! The girls are really growing...can't believe how time passes.
That dinner looks so "lovely". I read that on NieNie too and fell in love with idea. Glad YOU did it.
Your girls are so cute!
Love the dinner idea - and you even got out a center piece -was it grandma Devota's? She was a gem! And I have to say it again, your girls are just the cutest.
Very cool idea. I love NieNie. She inspires me and fills me with gratitude for my very easy life.
I love the dinner idea too! I actually love anything you do Aimes!
Yay, new McLaughlin posts! So fun to "see" what you have been up to. You do keep busy! We miss you guys!!
Hi Amy! The girls are growing up so fast!! We definitely miss having your sweet family around. I wanted to send you an email, but I realized I don't have your address!! Anyway, this is so random, but I sent you a new copy of Enna Burning (via Amazon) because you let me borrow your old copy and it went through quite a bit (fromo being toted around in the car hoping we'd see you, to the bookcase, to the new apartment, etc.)Anyway, sure love seeing your darling family. We miss you all! Hillory D.
I laughed out loud literally about Abby's comment about the teacher and the servant. Classic.
The dinner was a good idea too...I wish we had thought of that.
Post a Comment