Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's A Boy!









It's taken me awhile to get back to posting, and this news is definitely overdue! We are expecting a baby boy in May! After three girls, we are entering completely new territory here and will have to dilute some of the profusion of pink in the house with some boy gear, but we are excited! Mark is especially excited to add some more testosterone to the mix.



The girls are excited about the news, too. At first, they were all wanting another sister, but after announcing it to them with some blue balloons, and blue cupcakes, they were more than ready to be excited at the prospect of a baby brother.

21 comments:

Julie Pia said...

How exciting you guys!!!!! Boys are wonderful! Good luck with your pregnancy Amy. Can't wait to see what a BOY McLaughlin will look like.

loves....

Amy said...

Congrats on a boy! I am sure Mark is so happy. You will love having a boy in your home!

Ashley said...

Congrats Amy!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope you are feeling well. You girls are all so adorable. Its nice to see what you guys have been up to. We still miss you guys!!

Marci said...

I'm so excited for you guys! He will be one loved little guy with all those sisters :-)!

Leslie said...

Aaaah! Aimes! How exciting! It's so fun to see your updates and to get the great news!!! Hope the remainder of pregnancy is wonderful! So happy for you!!! (sorry about all the exclamation points, but this is exciting!!!)

Burton Family said...

I always say, it takes a man to make a man! Congrats to finally being able to put a stem on the apple.
Boys are great.
Much love,
April

Anna Michelle Schmidt said...

I am soo thrilled for your family! I was really hoping the next one would be a boy!!! He's going to have 4 Mommies!!

Verity said...

Fun news!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

Aaahhhhh!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you. I kept telling Nathan that there would soon be a "baby" posting on your website; it just seemed like that time:)
We're so excited for you to have a sweet little boy!

Kirbell said...

Yay! I'm so glad you get to experience a boy! Can't wait to see what he looks like.

Dan and Louise said...

Congratulations, you all! Boys are joys! Amy, be ready to hand your heart over to this little guy. There's a special relationship between a mom and her boy.

Kelley said...

We just love your cute family and we're thrilled about the news of a new little guy joining the ranks!

Peterson Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Such happy and fun news! I am so excited for you to enter this new territory of "boys". He is going to be adorable. Your girls and the blue cupcakes is great!

Congrats again. Can't wait to see him! Love you :)

Jess Sattler said...

Congrats Amy, Mark and girls! How fun to add a boy to your family! It definitely adds a different vibe to the mix! :) We miss you all- Elizabeth was nostalgic the other day remembering her "first baby friend" Millie! Hope you are feeling well! Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - Congratulations! Get ready, cause in my opinion little boys are a whole separate species - but a very fun and loveable one. Enjoyed catching up with all your photos from the last little while.

scooping it up said...

Oh my goodness! congratulations!

I love boys. Can't wait to see the little guy.

Dina C said...

Congratulations! What a lucky boy. So happy for you (esp. Mark).

Christine said...

WHAT!!!????? Congratulations. That is so exciting.

Kathy said...

Boys are great! Congrats and we can't wait to see pics of this handsome little guy! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Lauren said...

I'm cracking up at April's comment... I haven't read your blog for a month and look what I've missed! Congratulations!!

Jennie said...

YAY! Congratulations!! Such fun news!