Wednesday, September 15, 2010

School Days . . .

Hard to believe school has already been in session for four weeks! Sad to realize just how good it's been to have the kids back in school -- it's been a hectic summer:). It has been nice to try to get settled back into more of a routine (still a definite work in progress).

It's also hard to believe that Abby is old enough to go to Kindergarten and boy was she ready to go! She has always been such an eager learner and a deep thinker. She loves tackling an intellectual challenge and she loves acheiving things. So, she has really, really loved going to school.

The first day, she was determined to ride the bus (having listened to the delights of the bus from Millie for the past three years). She got all ready, kept asking, "Have we missed the bus?", and stood outside waiting with big eyes and a serious expression. She handled it with great calm. Mommy not as much. The minute she got on the bus, I piled the youngest two in the car and raced over to school to see her get off the bus. It was a tender moment for me, but made me so happy to see her so eager and excited for this new adventure. The night before school!
The boys having some down time together.

Ready for preschool. This girl is 3 going on 16. She's always been too big for her britches and she's thrilled that she's finally able to go to preschool!

Jane was so excited about the rainbow on her tote bag and her rainbow folder.
Jane with her teacher Ms. Leslie. She loves the doll house in her classroom!

On the second day of school, the girls were eager to wear matching outfits.

Off to Kindergarten!
Waiting for the bus on the first day! Abby was so happy to have big sis there to show her the ropes and Emily was there every step of the way.
Abby's first-day-of-school clothes she laid out in the hall

Backpacks ready -- check. Lunchboxes packed -- check.
Abby getting the feel of her desk at Meet the Teacher night. This girl was chomping at the bit to go to school!

Abby's thoughts about her teacher: She's nice. I like when she gives us happy tickets.
Abby's thoughts about school: I like the track. I like Centers because I get to see my mom. I like Art because I get to be queen.
Emily's thoughts about her teacher: I like that she's very funny. I like how she teaches in a good way. She's fun to be around and she's a good, nice teacher.


Emily's thoughts about 3rd Grade: I think that 3rd Grade is fun -- especially with my teacher. I like to write and read and do science and social studies. Not math, I don't like math (like mother, like daughter!). I like reading because the stories are interesting.

And with the girls off to school, Will gets to enjoy the good life . . .

5 comments:

Verity said...

So fun!!!!! I loved seeing those clothes laid out in the hallway! :)

Leslie said...

Such a darling post. Cute school girls!! Will must be loving his one on one time! :) Love you McLaughlin's!

Peterson Family said...

I love that pic of Will in the water...that really is the good life (lucky little guy)! Your girls are way too cute. I loved all the pics of the teachers and the bus to school and the clothes. Super cute post Amy!

Nathan said...

The first day of school is more traumatic for the parents--I agree! (How will I know they made it there safely? What? No arrival-confirming phone call?)

Southwick Family said...

Oh Amy, I love your beautiful family! So happy that Abby is finally in school with her big sister. I hope that you get a little more time to enjoy that cuddly boy of yours! We hope to meet him soon!