Saturday, April 14, 2012

Virginia Elaine Davis Ward
August 6, 1921 ~ January 23, 2012

On January 23rd, I received a call from my mom saying that Grammie Ward had passed away at the age of 90.  While I’ll terribly miss the presence and influence of this truly angelic woman, I felt overwhelming joy as I thought of her released from the constraints of mortality (she had been in decline for the past few years) and reunited with those she loved so dearly who had gone before.  I could just imagine her joyful smile and contagious chuckle as she was reunited with Grandpa, Uncle Philip, her baby daughter Julie Anne, her parents.  I’m so grateful for her influence in my life. 
Here are some of my favorite pictures of Grammie.
 
 Young mother.
 Young love

 Grammie was often asked to model for newspaper ads for local department stores.  Whenever I've seen these photos, I've thought she looked like a 1940s film star.




Beautiful, irrepressible Grammie

No comments: