Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not much new . . .

Not much new to report these days. The story of our lives the past little while has basically consisted of poop and vomit and vomit and poop. We've had a virus going around the family -- I'm the only one that has been spared so far (knock on wood). Hopefully it will pass quickly.

I remember as a child not being able to hardly wait until Christmas arrived. Now I find myself wishing that the Christmas season could last longer so that I can savor the feeling and the spirit of it all more. It seems to pass more quickly each year (especially in the years, like this one, when I've been a little late starting my Christmas shopping). It's magical, though, to have children and see Christmas through the eyes of a child again!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Man, I hope everyone feels better! I, too, love the Christmas season and always seem to dread the 26th.

Dan and Louise said...

Hi Amy and Mark! I was looking through my emails and was so happy to discover that you sent us an invitation to your blog about 6 months ago. So fun to look and see what's happening in your lives. I'm sorry your family is sick. I'll send an invitation to our family's blog so we can keep in touch. Get well soon!

Leslie said...

I just hope you don't get it too Aimes!!! And DITTO on the thoughts on Christmas!

Kirbell said...

Hope you're all better soon!