Millie's favorite gifts: A puppy that grows (from Grandma McLaughlin and named after cousin Emma -- a huge honor in Millie's book), a play mobile magic castle (Mrs. Claus just has to briefly sing the praises of Ebay!), her Dalmatian Webkinz puppy named Spot (Millie adores anything to do with animals!)
Abby's favorites: her webkinz tiger (originally named Stripey, but then had to be changed to Spot when we accidentally used Abby's tag to register Millie's animal), the play mobile Magic Castle, her Dora puzzle (she is the puzzle master!)
Jane's favorites: Her musical cell phone and keys, her piggy bank, whatever toys her sisters are currently playing with
Uncle Dave with Baby JaneWe returned home to Virginia to three extremely happy, well-cared for little girls (thanks McLaughlins, Wards, and Hawkins!) just in time for Christmas and we had a wonderful week with my family in Alexandria. We had such a fun time together and are currently going through withdrawals. It was amazing that all of my siblings except for my youngest sister Miffy -- who is on a mission in upstate New York -- could be there. Even Jennifer was able to fly in for a few days after Christmas with her daughter Emma (we missed Matt and the boys) and it was so good to see her. Our highlights were the Christmas Eve puppet nativity re-enactment, many dinners around the table full of mom's delectable food and fun conversation, seeing the girls' excitement on Christmas morning, touring the White House (the girls especially liked the perfect replica of the White House made by the chief pastry chef out of gingerbread and white chocolate), playing Guesstures (a family favorite), watching movies, getting to know Matt's wife, Sara, better (couldn't be more wonderful!), shopping, and just hanging out. It was such a precious time especially given the fact that everyone is now becoming more scattered all over the country!
6 comments:
Great pics- we are jealous of your cruise, though I must admit I am get sea sick just looking at ships. What a happy get away!
Christmas looked like a blast! Tell Mrs. Claus that I am impressed. Also, I am so glad that you got to enjoy a cruise! That is so grear for you.
It was so nice to hear from you! Thanks for sending the link. The girls are so adorable and getting so big. It looks like you had a great Christmas! Mrs. Claus is so talented.
Happy Christmas, Mark, Amy, Millie, Abby, and Jane!
Your Christmas looked and sounded delightful...hope the new year is equally as enjoyable!!!
I miss the Wards! I'm glad I can keep up on your news through your blog. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment