Sunday, March 8, 2009

Millie turns 7!








We've had a busy week full of birthday celebrations for Miss Millie. She woke up on her birthday sooo excited (this is the girl who begins waiting with baited breath and planning for her birthday in the Fall). On the way to school that morning she said, "I like being 7!" When I asked her if it felt any different she said, "A little."

We had a family celebration on her actual birthday and then had her party this weekend -- a carnival party to be exact. It was a lot of fun albeit a little hectic (16 little people=a whole lot of craziness). They seemed to mostly just want to run around so after a few organized games, we opted for freeze tag and parachute games (with a sheet). I could have saved a lot of prep time if I'd only known. By far, the biggest hit of the party was the pie throwing contest (Daddy was a good sport to pose as the target). The kids thought it was hilarious, which it, in fact, was.
This week to celebrate Millie's birthday, I've been reading entries from her baby journal and it is amazing to see how her personality is so similar to that of when she was a baby. She has such a bright, sunny disposition. She loves to laugh and loves it when her mind is engaged. No one can ever be bored when she is around because she is a source of endless creative ideas for fun. She loves her sisters, her friends, and animals (she never gives up on trying to get us to get a pet). She is so capable, helpful (mostly), and observant, and she has such a pure, sensitive, loving heart. She is a never-ending source of joy and we feel so blessed to have her in our home. We love our Millie!

11 comments:

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday Miss Millie♥ What a cutie patootie! Wow, I think Mark gets "dad of the year"! I'm sure the party guests LOVED the pie throwing contest. He is such a good sport. Your girls are all so darling!

Kathy said...

What a good dad! Way to go Mark.
Happy Birthday to your darling Millie!
As for the pet. Don't give in. Santa convinced us to let a hamster join our family. He is stinky, loud at night, and did I already say stinky? No matter how much we change that cage, I can smell it. Seriously, people are best for houses. :) Stuffed animals are great. HaHa

Verity said...

Wow, you know how to throw a party!!! Loved the clown cakes and the pie throwing contest!!! :)

Becky W. said...

Wow! I can't believe Millie is 7! She looks so grown up. And what fun that birthday party looks like. I'm going to remember that pie-throwing idea for my girls and Tim when they grow up. Thanks!

Julie Pia said...

What a little sweetheart. I can't believe Mark..... What a great sport. I bet the kids will NEVER forget that!

love you guys!

Christine said...

What???? Are you sure she is 7? I can't believe it. What a fun little girl.

Jess Sattler said...

I can't believe Millie is 7! What cute pics! Mark is such a good dad- he really took one for the team! Miss you guys- come visit when it gets warmer up here!

Melissa said...

What a fun party! Millie looks like she is in absolute heaven in EVERY picture. We love our little Millie so much. Happy Birthday!

Dina C said...

What a fun party. And what a great father.

Catherine said...

Wow! Look at all the work you did for the party! Impressive!

I like Mark's face with whip cream all over it . . . Nice.

Nathan said...

Throwing pies in Mark's face looks pretty fun. How can we get invited to the next one? (I'll be sure my girls don't see this or I'm sure I'll suffer the same fate.)