
I was so glad to be in Salt Lake for Pioneer Day so that the girls could get a taste for what it is all about. We loved visiting "This is the Place" Park the day before Pioneer Day with Grammie, Aunt Sara and Cannon (who weren't able to join us in Spokane), and Sara's sister Lindsey and her kids.

The girls enjoyed riding the train with Grammie . . .

And they loved the pony rides . . .


and they got a huge kick out of the candy cannon that shot salt water taffy out into Main Street

My memories of the Days of '47 Parade include walking blocks from the car to the parade site, jostling through the crowds to find a spot where we could see, and then sitting in the hot sun for several hot hours (although it was fun and exciting nonetheless). I didn't know if I could quite manage to traipse down to Salt Lake from Midway with all of the kids and fight the crowds, but my mom, and I decided that it was worth it for the girls to have the experience and it was perfect! We found a spot on the steps of a Methodist church in the shade where the girls could clearly see all of the action unimpeded and a parking place steps from it. It was so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment