Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ode to My Husband (aka: A Really Bad Poem to a Really Great Guy)

Seeing that his wife was getting more than a little bit frazzled,
He came up with a plan that left her quite bedazzled.
"Go away for the weekend," he said. "Sleep in, get some rest!"
"I'll take care of the girls and clean up this big mess!"

So with much coaxing Amy finally took flight
Leaving Mark with three girls for three days and three nights.
She visited her parents in D.C. and slept in till 10:30
Went shopping, to museums, leaving behind all of her duties!

It was such a success for all who were involved
That a tradition of such is sure to evolve
For one mom who was droopy and tired
Has now returned happy and somewhat inspired!

Ok, really bad poetry aside, I can't thank Mark enough for his idea for me to go away this weekend. I feel so much more energized and rejuvenated! It was so nice to be able to do some Christmas shopping without kids running away from me and without being afraid that they would see the things in the cart that are supposed to be from Santa. It was so refreshing to wander through an entire exhibit at the National Gallery without interruption! It was a much needed break. However, the best part was coming home again and seeing Mark and the girls -- who had a great time together while I was gone!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I am so glad that it was a success!

Lauren said...

Wow! Sounds awesome! If you ever want some company on your next flight out of town, let me know. (After interviews, of course...) :)

Leslie said...

Aimes...that is awesome. I know that even when I have an afternoon away from the children, it helps me to feel refreshed. What a wonderful gift! I also know how wonderful it is to come back home :) You are awesome & way to go Mark!

nate and hill said...

Thanks Mark, you know how to make the rest of us look bad.

Sincerely, All the guys out there
(in all honesty, i'm impressed)