Thursday, May 29, 2008

Graduation! (MBA and Master Mover)

It's been an insane couple of weeks for the McLaughlin clan and we're all feeling a little topsy-turvy. Before leaving for the Outer Banks, we thought we had our move pretty well under control. In the four days we had to finish up after returning home, we realized just how much more we had to do and in so little time. Mark was truly amazing! Not only did he execute an incredibly organized move, scrub the walls from ceiling to floor, patch up the nail holes in the wall, and do so many other moving-related tasks, but he also graduated with his MBA! I am so proud of all that he's done, learned, and contributed during his time at Darden and was so proud to see him walk the stage with Jane (our Darden baby) and get his diploma. We were so happy that my mom, dad, and brother Dave could come down from Northern Virginia to support us.

The happy graduate in front of Darden. We'll miss the beautiful grounds!


A picture of UVA graduates waiting by the Thomas Jefferson statue in front of the Rotunda on UVA's main grounds for the processional to begin.


6 comments:

Tiffany said...

GREAT pictures. Congrats to Mark. We will miss you all very much. I am glad for your blog so that we can keep up.

Leslie said...

Congrats to Mark...you've come a long way from Genre :)

What a beautiful family too...we love the McLaughlin's!

Jonas said...

Way to go Mark! We're very proud of you for reaching this important milestone . . . and for getting some serious golfing done between classes! You guys have a beautiful family.

Christine said...

Congratulations to both of you! We are excited to hear about your new adventures

Nathan said...

I'm as impressed by the moving as I am by the MBA. You'll have to let me know if all your stuff survived the move...

Steve said...

Mark, I don't know if you remember Natalee and me, but we met you guys for a short 4 months in Boston while Natalee (Downs - sister of Matt Downs) was finishing her masters at MGH. I just saw your blog link on an old friend's blog who apparently went to Darden with you (Kevin Mitchell). I wanted to say hello and congratulations. I'm finishing my MBA as well and Natalee and I are moving with our 3 kids up to Oregon for a job next year. Anyway, I thought I'd say hello.