Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Farewell Pics of Charlottesville

It's hard to believe that we are gone from Charlottesville! We've had such a wonderful two years there and are so grateful for all of the experiences we've had and the amazing people that we've met. These past two years will always be a treasured time in our memories.


Millie has loved her year of Kindergarten at Red Hill Elementary and her teacher Mrs. Reed.
I especially loved the views from the playground at Millie's school. As we move to a totally suburban lifestyle, I feel grateful for the experiences Millie's had here. I'm not sure that she will be able to experience the excitement of cows wandering onto the playground in the future.

Dear Woody! When we moved into our rental house in Charlottesville, Woody came with the house. He has lived under the back deck for 16 years (he's a completely outside cat, thankfully, because Mark is so allergic). Our landlord offered to take him off of our hands if we didn't want to have him around, but Millie was attached at first sight. She loved playing with Woody (and later Oliver, Woody's long lost brother who had found his way back home) and he loved following her around. What a lucky cat he was to be lugged around the property by his little friend. He got to experience the joys of sliding down the slide, swinging on the front porch swing, and even made it onto the trampoline. Even though he was pretty mangy, often mewed at the back door and rattled the doorknob late into the night, and occasionally snuck into the house, we'll miss our Woody!


Abby's last day of preschool with her amazing teachers Patty and Erin. She has loved her school this year!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love those pictures...such a beautiful place to live and learn! I hope you find just as many wonderful things to love in the Lone Star State!