It's amazing to see and be in the mountains again! We've been visiting Midway, Utah as a family during the summer every year since I can remember. It's a beautiful valley full of green fields surrounded by snow-capped mountains. There's nothing like the smell of the air in Midway in the morning. It's just too bad that it is not-so-slowly being overrun with tacky development. Here are some pics from our time in Midway:
My dad, the dessert and pastry connoisseur, read an article in The Washington Post about the new official Maryland state cake -- the Smith Island 10 layer cake. He contacted one of the ladies from the article who makes 11 of these cakes a day from scratch 6 days a week and ordered two of them. He and Dave then carried them on their laps on the flight to Utah so that we could all enjoy the delicacy. It was such a fun treat! Dad always knows how to make things special and fun!
The girls had a great time with their Oldroyd cousins. We had a rip-roaring good time at David Oldroyd's eighth birthday party.
The big kids, primed and ready to hit the Darth Vader pinata. David split it open on his first try!
Jane loved the pizza.
One of the biggest hits of the trip was another surprise from Grandpa. He had brought his remote controlled Air Force One for us to fly. We all, family and neighbors alike, had a great time flying and watching it (from the ground it actually looked like a real plane). Unfortunately, Air Force One was lost on its final flight -- it got too high and a current carried it out of reach!
2 comments:
Oh how I love the Wards! I don't like seeing Midway losing its character either!
What a fun summer! I loved the OBX pics and the Utah pics. I'm so glad you get to spend time in the West before you settle in Houston. But, selfishly, I'm excited for you to get to Texas. See you soon!
Post a Comment