Monday, February 11, 2008

I've Been Tagged . . .

A - Attached or Single: Literally or figuratively? I'm happily attached to my husband -- my one year old daughter, Jane, quite often insists on being literally attached to me (especially when I am trying to get anything at all urgent done)
B - Best Friend: Mark. He makes me laugh and helps me not take myself so seriously, is so forgiving of my many shortcomings, and is such a fun person to go through life with!
C - Cake or Pie: Pie! I love pie -- I think I get this from my dad who would often come home from work toting a fresh Marie Calendar's pie. My favorites are pumpkin and razzleberry (mixed berry), although I also have extremely fond memories of Hillory's rhubarb pie
D - Day of Choice: Saturday. Because we get to be together all day as a family.
E - Essential Item: Electricity. I know, probably too broad and general, but after suffering through more than 24 hours without it yesterday and today in subzero temperatures due to a horrible windstorm, I have to thank my lucky stars that we have it and be grateful that I do not in fact live in the 19th century as I have been fantasizing about since the PBS series, The Complete Jane Austen, began airing a few weeks ago. Runner up: books -- I'm a nerd.
F - Favorite Color: I love green, but I never wear it. One of my favorite colors to wear is red.
G - Gummi Bears or Worms: Either one, really. I love gummi candy more than any other kind. My very favorite is swedish fish.
H - Hometown: Salt Lake to Boston to Denver back to Boston to Charlottesville and soon to be to Houston. Yep, Mark's taking a job in Houston, Texas this summer (I'm having to restrain myself here from griping about the climate).
I - Indulgence(s): muffins, and occasionally doing things like reading or writing blog entries when I should be cleaning the house.
J - January or July: I usually actually prefer January. January is cozy. July is too hot.
K - Kids: three delightful, busy, little girls
L - Life is Incomplete Without: Family -- they bring so me so much joy!
M - Marriage Date: August 3, 1999 -- Mark and I both agree it was the perfect day.
N - Number of Siblings: I'm the second oldest of seven -- five girls, two boys. It's just too bad we all live way too far apart!
O - Oranges or Apples: Braeburn apples, although I'm a big fan of clementine's too.
P - Phobias or Fears: I have an extremely vivid imagination so I can't watch scary things (too real) and if my children are in the slightest bit of a precarious position my mind jumps forward five steps to the worst possible scenario.
Q - Quote(s): "Forget yourself and go to work" Gordon B. Hinkley (quoting his father), "Simplify, simplify" (although I find very hard to do) Henry David Thorough -- that's all I can think at the moment.
R - Reason to Smile: Millie and Abby talking tonight at dinner about what age qualifies them as "big kids" with Jane looking on and trying to act like she was totally a part of the conversation -- so adorable! Nothing quite like the chatter of little children.
S - Season - Currently a depressing subject to me since we are going to be moving somewhere without any and I love them all, but my favorite is Fall -- I love it!! -- followed closely by Spring, then Winter, then Summer (I know, people really do think I'm crazy. Summer is just too hot.)
T - Tag Six: Ems, Kristen, Lauren, Christine, Nate and Hill, anyone else who would like to
U - Unknown Fact About Me: I really can't think of anything interesting
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: I've always enjoyed meat (especially chicken or turkey), but in recent years have been starting to skew a little more toward the vegetarian side
W - Worst Habit: nail biting -- it drove my dad nuts growing up and it drives my husband nuts now. I've tried everything, even having one "designated biting nail", but to no avail
X - X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Definitely ultrasounds -- always so exciting
Y - Your Favorite Food: Mashed potatoes (I love pretty much anything with potatoes-- sometimes I'll order something from a menu just because it comes with mashed potatoes), Indian, and Thai (not the super hot stuff just the nicely-spiced stuff)
Z - Zoo: Favorite animal: Millie, my animal lover, is always quick to point out, "You don't really like animals do you, Mom?" Not up close and personal anyway, but in theory I like horses.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Loved it Aimes...I loved hearing about you...it just makes me feel so grateful to be your friend!!! Love you!

Lauren said...

Great post. We really should be best friends because we have so much in common. So is Houston official now? Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it in spite of the humidity. Too bad you'll be moving there in July. Just remember, a year from now when we are having power outages from wind/ice storms, you will be sitting on your back deck in short sleeves reading a novel and laughing at us.

ike and em said...

So fun to read! I especially liked the one about Millie and Abby talking. with Jane looking on. How sweet.

Christine said...

So I know how it is to have a vivid imagination! Sometimes I hate it. Also, congratulations on Houston!

Southwick Family said...

Thanks so much for the great chat last night. I can't wait to hear more about the new move as it progresses. I will pray that you have a great AC system and no power outages! Love you, dear friend.

Melissa Markham said...

Well, I'm selfishly glad you'll be in Houston, even though I know you hate the heat. I'm trying to convince myself that Texas winter will be one long autumn. Just without the leaves. Oh wait. That's the best part...
How could I have known you for 30 years now and lived with you for a few of those years and not known you love swedish fish?