Thursday, February 7, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinkley


This past week, after the passing of President Hinkley (President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), I've been rereading parts of his biography. I've been impressed anew by his work ethic, his optimism, his never-give-up attitude, his devotion to the work, and his practical approach to problem-solving. He was such a remarkable man and I feel blessed to have heard his voice. Reading about his life and listening to his funeral has increased my desire to be a better disciple of Christ and to live a life that would make me worthy of such a rest and reunion as President Hinkley is sure to be experiencing now. I'm grateful for leaders who give so much of themselves and provide such true examples of discipleship.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I felt the same way after the funeral! I think we're all going to miss President Hinckley for a while...